FAQ - About water dispenser
- Where can I purchase a water dispenser ?
You can purchase a water dispenser at an electronics store or an online shop. Although many dispensers sold throughout the world are compatible with Japanese standard insert size, we recommend that you bring an empty Shinano Yusui bottle along to make sure it will fit in the dispenser you are planning to purchase.
There are many different types of dispensers, ranging from dispensers that can perform both heating and cooling, or simply serve at room temperature.
In fact, in the view of its past actual circumstances of repair and maintenance services in the Bangkok market, purchasing an inexpensive room temperature dispenser is perhaps one of the better options. Should you purchase a simple room temperature dispenser, you can drink cold water by pouring Shinano Yusui water into clean empty bottles and refrigerate them. This way, you can save the cost of electricity. It may require a little effort, but you can boil Shinano Yusui in a kettle. For cooking, just pour Shinano Yusui straight into a pan.
- What should I do about the water dispenser repairing and periodic maintenance? What are the fees ?
Please refer to the electronics store where you purchased the dispenser or directly enquire to the manufacturer. Make sure to check thoroughly the warranty upon purchase. There may be unexpected extra fees arising from the fact that the warranty period is short and the repair fees are high. (In fact, in the view of its past actual circumstances of repair and maintenance services in the Bangkok market, purchasing an inexpensive room temperature dispenser is perhaps one of the better options.)
- What can I do to take care of the water dispenser on a daily basis ?
Please follow the user’s manual of the dispenser you purchased.
Water Intake (where the bottle is inserted)
Water Intake, the area where the bottle is inserted is prone to accumulate dust and dirt, as well as water when exchanging the bottle. This may cause development of unwanted bacteria if it’s left unclean, we recommend you to wipe inside of the top cover ring when exchanging the bottle to maintain a hygienic water dispenser environment. To clean, please use paper towels that do not dissolve in water. Please use Shinano Yusui to dampen the paper towels instead of using detergent or tap water that can leave odour and affect the taste of Shinano Yusui. Do not directly touch the protruding part where the bottle is inserted with bare hands.
The faucet area and drip tray
Around the faucet area, inside the faucet and the drip tray are all prone to get dirty from splashes of coffee, tea, powder milk, etc. To prevent contamination, please keep the area clean with paper towels dampened with Shinano Yusui. Also, keep the inside of the faucet clean with cotton buds.
Back of water dispenser
The back of the water dispenser tends to accumulate dust, Please wipe the back on a monthly basis with a dry cloth or vacuum clean to remove the dust. For your safety, always unplug the dispenser before cleaning.
- I'm afraid that my child will burn himself with the hot water.
Please purchase a dispenser equipped with safeguard on a hot water faucet.
- From a hygiene point of view, how fast do we need to consume the water once it's placed on the dispenser ?
Although this is not specific to Shinano Yusui, we recommend you to consume the water as early as possible after the bottle cap is opened.
- Besides location of the dispenser, are there any other things to keep in mind about the dispenser ?
Please follow the user’s manual of the dispenser you purchased. Generally speaking, for hot and cold water dispensers, please be careful of the following points.
- Locate the dispenser where there is proper ventilation and not under direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing the dispenser on top of thick carpet, but set up on a flat sturdy floor.
- The back of the dispenser can get very hot, allow 15 cm of space between the dispenser and the wall to avoid accumulation of heat that can cause damage to the unit.
- Avoid using extension cords or multi-outlet extension cords.
- Avoid placing the dispenser in an area of high temperature and moisture, such as near air-conditioning units or flammable areas, it may lead to machine malfunction.
- Water dispenser is designed for indoor use only and should not be used outdoors.
- Place the dispenser away from electronics and other delicate furnitures likely to get damaged with water leakage due to wrongly setting the bottle or due to machine failure.
Getting started “Shinano Yusui”